This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ELIBBAD when linked with gold
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Erwan Legrand <lists at erwanlegrand dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:47:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: ELIBBAD when linked with gold
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+4G5KZVD7eoEVw62amXu+ojxpZ7UJKY23=m5Brnbdxuub8_Ww at mail dot gmail dot com>
ELIBBAD means that the interpreter pointed to by the PT_INTERP segment
is in the wrong format.
Please run "readelf -l" (lower-case L) on the binary produced by gold,
and check the program interpreter shows under PT_INTERP, then compare
that with the binary produced by ld.bfd.
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Erwan Legrand <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've stumbled upon the following problem while trying to use ld.gold
> from binutils 2.24 to link a large project.
> When the project is linked with ld.gold, the resulting executable
> cannot be executed: execve fails with ELIBBAD.
> When linking with ld.bfd, everything works as expected.
> I have made a few searches and did not find anything relevant. Is this
> a know issue? If not, is there anything I can do to help find the root