This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Cross-assembling for AIX/PowerPC64
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Jonas Maebe <jonas dot maebe at elis dot ugent dot be>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:31:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cross-assembling for AIX/PowerPC64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53D205B3 dot 1060904 at elis dot ugent dot be> <B0FA3B47-9919-426C-8EC1-03E4D8F37C60 at adacore dot com> <53D21104 dot 90504 at elis dot ugent dot be> <4E066E4A-E484-49E4-A4E7-46DED6F934B3 at adacore dot com>
On 25 Jul 2014, at 10:26, Tristan Gingold <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 25 Jul 2014, at 10:10, Jonas Maebe <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I had to hack gas/config/tc-ppc.c (manually add a "#define TE_AIX5"; it seems this should normally be set by gas/config/te-aix5.h, but this file doesn't appear to be included anywhere), because configuring for powerpc-ibm-aix resulted in linker errors:
Short investigation (FTR): the aixcoff64-rs6000 format is for AIX4.3, the format has changed with AIX 5.1.
(Maybe we could simply remove the support for AIX versions before AIX 5.1)