gprof missing functions

hi,
  When trace the UML linux kernel with gprof, it seems gprof missing some
functions.

There are new_thread_handler and fork_handler in "arch/um/kernel/process.c".
gprof catchs the new_thread_handler function, but there is no sign about
fork_handler. Because the two functions are in the same file, so it is not
kernel configuration issue. I'm sure the two functions have been executed.

And new_thread_handler call a few functions, such as, kernel_init and kthreadd.
gprof catch kthreadd but missing kernel_init. I traced the UML kernel with gdb,
so I'm sure kernel_init called by new_thread_handler.

I search with google, but failed to get useful information about gprof missing
function issue. Is there any clue/suggestion how to make gprof catch all functions?

thanks