This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64/bfd/2.24] relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_LD64_GOT_LO12_NC against
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, David Abdurachmanov <david dot abdurachmanov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:55:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [AArch64/bfd/2.24] relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_LD64_GOT_LO12_NC against
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B98BFD30-327B-47F6-94F3-CAD15DD20917 at gmail dot com> <53C3F67F dot 20507 at arm dot com>
On 07/14/2014 08:25 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> "312 - R_AARCH64_LD64_GOT_LO12_NC G(GDAT(S+A)) Set the LD/ST immediate
> field to bits [11:3] of X. No overflow check; check that X&7 = 0"
As I replied to Andreas, what has the address of S+A have to do with the
alignment of the GOT entry for S+A? Entries in the GOT should *always* be
aligned, or it's a linker bug.