This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix xtensa ld segfault when linking linux modules
- From: "augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com" <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- To: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, David Weatherford <weath at cadence dot com>, Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>, linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:43:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix xtensa ld segfault when linking linux modules
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1404943997-32745-1-git-send-email-jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Max Filippov <email@example.com> wrote:
> is_inconsistent_linkonce_section makes an assumption that section name
> that starts with ".gnu.linkonce.prop." has one more dot in its suffix.
> However gas generates such section name by insertion of "prop." right
> after ".gnu.linkonce." part of the name of the original section. So, for
> section named ".gnu.linkonce.this_module" corresponding property section
> name does not satisfy the assumption. Such section names are common in
> linux modules. This bug was exposed by the patch "a35d5e8 Fix alignment
> for the first section frag on xtensa", that makes gas produce property
> section for each section that has ".align" directive in it.
> Use suffix that immediately follows ".gnu.linkonce.prop." when there are
> no more dots following it.