This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64/bfd] Enable elf_backend_rela_normal for AArch64
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 08:34:21 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64/bfd] Enable elf_backend_rela_normal for AArch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53B6E11C dot 3030704 at arm dot com>
On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 06:15:08PM +0100, Jiong Wang wrote:
> * elfnn-aarch64.c (elf_backend_rela_normal): Set to 1.
This patch will break ld -r, since you will be adjusting relocs
against section symbols twice. The following code in elfnn-aarch64.c
needs adjusting too.
/* This is a relocatable link. We don't have to change
anything, unless the reloc is against a section symbol,
in which case we have to adjust according to where the
section symbol winds up in the output section. */
if (sym != NULL && ELF_ST_TYPE (sym->st_info) == STT_SECTION)
rel->r_addend += sec->output_offset;
Australia Development Lab, IBM