This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] bfd/elfnn-aarch64.c: set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- From: Kyle McMartin <kmcmarti at redhat dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "will dot newton at linaro dot org" <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 10:14:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] bfd/elfnn-aarch64.c: set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140701001808 dot GB9511 at redacted dot bos dot redhat dot com> <53B27938 dot 3040203 at arm dot com>
On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 10:02:48AM +0100, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> Shouldn't this be:
> if (info->shared && ...
> .. with the effect of including PIE rather than excluding PIE ?
hrm, i think the theory is that PIE will relax to LE anyway? it doesn't
look like it currently would on aarch64 though, i'll look into that...
it seems to be about half and half who tests what:
i386, x86_64, ppc all set if !info->executable
sparc, mips, alpha all set if info->shared