This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Add a .gitattributes file for use with git-merge-changelog
- From: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 01:10:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add a .gitattributes file for use with git-merge-changelog
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87sin0gvr3 dot fsf at naesten dot mooo dot com>
Samuel Bronson <email@example.com> writes:
> diff --git a/.gitattributes b/.gitattributes
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000..75abe79
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/.gitattributes
> @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
> +# See gnulib's lib/git-merge-changelog.c (or git-merge-changelog(1))
> +# to activate this
> +ChangeLog merge=merge-changelog
NOTE: without feedback, I am likely to commit a .gitattribute file like
this as "obvious", though probably with some things moved from the
commit message to the file itself.
Also, I'm still wondering if it would be ChangeLog-worthy.
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!