This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: checking elf flags in disassembler?
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: dj at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 01:21:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: checking elf flags in disassembler?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> From: DJ Delorie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:55:09 +0200
> > A trick question? :)
> Turns out to be much less of a trick question. The disassembler in
> opcodes/ doesn't seem to have access to the ELF private data, defined
> in <bfd/elf-bfd.h>.
But you can obviously *call* such a function from disassemble().
Like a (new) rl78_get_disassembler. (I see lots of #include
"elf-bfd.h" in those *-dis.c.) There's also where you'd fill in
derived state into disassemble_info.private_data.
Mentioned for reference as you've probably seen this for
yourself by now...but maybe someone will use this as a tutorial
of some sorts. Or would that be "archeology of hackish
old-school frameworks"? To anyone thinking along those lines,
"patches are welcome". ;)