This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- From: Kyle McMartin <kmcmarti at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 09:09:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A02161 dot 7010303 at redhat dot com> <201406220504 dot s5M54HCo005712 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com>
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 07:04:17AM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > From: Nicholas Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:07:13 +0200
> > > 2014-05-12 Kyle McMartin <email@example.com>
> > >
> > > * elf32-arm.c (elf32_arm_check_relocs): Set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting
> > > initial-exec relocs when not linking an executable.
> > Approved - please apply.
> This patch caused my autotester for arm-eabi to complain:
> Running /tmp/hpautotest-binutils/bsrc/src/ld/testsuite/ld-arm/arm-elf.exp ...
> FAIL: TLS gnu GD to IE shared relaxation
> Looks like the regexps have to be tweaked.
> I see it fails for arm-linux-gnueabi too, which is a bit
> surprising, as I'd have guess that's the target for which you
> ran the test-suite (you didn't say).
Hrm, I didn't see this, but the version I likely tested on was quite a
bit older than head. Will fix this up. Sorry about that.