This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: kmcmarti at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 07:04:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> From: Nicholas Clifton <email@example.com>
> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:07:13 +0200
> > 2014-05-12 Kyle McMartin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * elf32-arm.c (elf32_arm_check_relocs): Set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting
> > initial-exec relocs when not linking an executable.
> Approved - please apply.
This patch caused my autotester for arm-eabi to complain:
Running /tmp/hpautotest-binutils/bsrc/src/ld/testsuite/ld-arm/arm-elf.exp ...
FAIL: TLS gnu GD to IE shared relaxation
Looks like the regexps have to be tweaked.
I see it fails for arm-linux-gnueabi too, which is a bit
surprising, as I'd have guess that's the target for which you
ran the test-suite (you didn't say).