This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Bug-readline] [PATCH] readline/histfile.c: Check and retry write() operation in history_truncate_file()
- From: Chet Ramey <chet dot ramey at case dot edu>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- Cc: chet dot ramey at case dot edu, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, palves at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, bug-readline at gnu dot org, amodra at gmail dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 19:19:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Bug-readline] [PATCH] readline/histfile.c: Check and retry write() operation in history_truncate_file()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5397C077 dot 1080702 at gmail dot com> <53A1F78A dot 8020508 at case dot edu> <53A23D77 dot 1040905 at gmail dot com> <53A3F78E dot 6020803 at gmail dot com> <53A4AD62 dot 6020408 at case dot edu> <53A4ED1B dot 2060608 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: chet dot ramey at case dot edu
On 6/20/14, 10:25 PM, Chen Gang wrote:
>> There aren't really any plausible conditions under which write(2) returns
>> 0 instead of -1 when writing a non-zero number of bytes to a regular file.
> Hmm... for me, what you said is acceptable. And the function comment need be
> "Returns 0 on success, errno or -1 on failure"
history_truncate_file will never return -1.
> And since you will work for it next, is it still necessary to send patch v2 for
> the temporary fix, at present?
I will take care of making those changes, thanks.
``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer
``Ars longa, vita brevis'' - Hippocrates
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU firstname.lastname@example.org http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/