This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Free linker hash table from bfd_close
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:28:28 +0930
- Subject: Re: Free linker hash table from bfd_close
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140613095201 dot GH7683 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <87k38edjkw dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 02:54:55PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> After rebasing our branch didn't compile, because
> bfd_link_hash_table_free and bfd_link_hash_table_create don't exist any
bfd_link_hash_table_create is still available.
> I worked around it for now by calling the _bfd_generic variants. This
> is ugly, though, since presumably those functions are given the leading
> underscore to indicate that they are private to BFD.
If you want to continue using bfd_link_hash_table_create, then your
cleanup should run:
However, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed in the
linker's ability to relocate final linked binaries.
Australia Development Lab, IBM