This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Kyle McMartin <kmcmarti at redhat dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:08:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140512171906 dot GA21081 at redacted dot bos dot redhat dot com> <CANu=DmhEDNSfXxa9=0KYo0vroNFUJfx=hTUXDD0sWTf=bk34+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513141431 dot GA25518 at redacted dot bos dot redhat dot com>
In the aarch64 version we test the got_type after merging TLS methods
but in the arm version we test before. Is there a reason for that? Can
it make any difference? We should probably be consistent in any case.
I'll fix this to be consistent between the two. It shouldn't make any
difference because we never clear the TLS_IE flag.
Is it possible to write a test for this?
Yeah, I'll resubmit with a test case as soon as I finish writing a
testcase for another TLS issue in glibc. :/
Has there been any progress on this ?