This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix uninitialised CRIS insn
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:10:34 +0930
- Subject: Re: Fix uninitialised CRIS insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140616033735 dot GA3462 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <201406160511 dot s5G5BsZk006318 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com>
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 07:11:54AM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > From: Alan Modra <email@example.com>
> > Sender: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
> > Fixes "FAIL: gas/cris/rd-bkw4v32" with MALLOC_PERTURB_=1
> > gas/
> > * config/tc-cris.c (md_create_long_jump): Follow "short" jump
> > with a nop rather than leaving uninitialised.
> > gas/testsuite/
> > * gas/cris/rd-bkw4v32.d: Update.
> Thanks, though there are more. For cris-elf, cris-linux and
> mmix-knuth-mmixware, your changes has caused spurious extra
> error messages. (Please don't adjust the expected error
> messsages to match; the bug is that the extra lines are
Yes, I know. I mentioned that in a later message. The extra errors
are a result of calling write_object_file() after as_bad() occurred,
something that only happened before with the -Z option.
I was hoping you'd deal with the testcase errors, rather than have
me blundering around in your ports.
Australia Development Lab, IBM