This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gas/config/tc-score7.c: Use symbol_get_frag() instead of direct reference to fix segment fault issue
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, amodra at gmail dot com, matthew dot fortune at imgtec dot com, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:10:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gas/config/tc-score7.c: Use symbol_get_frag() instead of direct reference to fix segment fault issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5393ECFE dot 8080806 at gmail dot com> <5397C2C0 dot 904 at gmail dot com>
Is it patch OK? please help check when you have free time, thanks.
Approved and applied. Note - there were similar errors in tc-score.c so
I fixed them at the same time.
Originally, I could not find the related Changelog for 'gas', so I did
not mark change log for it.
All patches should have a changelog entry, so I created this for yours:
2014-06-13 Chen Gang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/tc-score7.c: (s7_b32_relax_to_b16): Use symbol_get_frag() to
access a symbol's
* config/tc-score.c (s3_relax_branch_inst16): Likewise.
Also - this is a situation where it would have been appropriate to
create an official bug report on the bugzilla system.