This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold commit] Strip .debug_gnu_pubnames/types when building gdb index
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: "ISHIKAWA,chiaki" <ishikawa at yk dot rim dot or dot jp>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:53:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold commit] Strip .debug_gnu_pubnames/types when building gdb index
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140606232131 dot BB96E1A968BC at ccoutant-macbookpro2 dot roam dot corp dot google dot com> <5395C6BF dot 1020406 at yk dot rim dot or dot jp>
> Can this change fix the ld segfault issue I have reported?
I don't think so. Even with the bad adjustment, the code was careful
to check that the resulting offset was within the bounds of the
current pubnames section.