This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA v2] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for both binutils and gdb
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 05:55:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA v2] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for both binutils and gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401811030-22706-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1406041337580 dot 3047 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
> > . Use "-a" instead of "&&" in the test expression; (H-P)
> I think Hans-Peter's suggestion was the other way round, its "&&" that is
> portable while "-a" is likely not to work with non-GNU `test' or with
> plain Bourne shells (where it is a builtin). This is what the autoconf
> manual has to say about it in its portability section:
Hmmm, I see. Thanks for theh clarification.
I propose the following: Keep the patch I propose as is for now, as it
does not make things worse, and also keep things consistent. And then
follow that up with a patch which switches the operators, all of them,
to using &&.