This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld/ldlang.h: use 'etree_base' instead of 'base' to avoid cross-compiling warning
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com, macro at linux-mips dot org, clm at redhat dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:26:48 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld/ldlang.h: use 'etree_base' instead of 'base' to avoid cross-compiling warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538083D9 dot 9050507 at gmail dot com> <20140524153043 dot GF5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53812460 dot 9000107 at gmail dot com> <20140530012406 dot GR6679 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 05/30/2014 09:24 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 06:59:44AM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
>> It sounds reasonable to me, but still recommend to use 'etree_base'
>> instead of 'base' (it is still a global variable within "ld/mri.c").
> I didn't change the name, because I believe the change I made cured
> the warning you were seeing. If you are still seeing a warning with
> some version of gcc when compiling mri.c, then we'll change it to
> something that adds a little meaning to the name, like "base_vma"
OK, thanks, it is already integrated into mainline (originally, I did
not check the mainline of binutils, next, I shall do it firstly).
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed