This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld/ldlang.h: use 'etree_base' instead of 'base' to avoid cross-compiling warning
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- Cc: nickc at redhat dot com, macro at linux-mips dot org, clm at redhat dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:54:06 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld/ldlang.h: use 'etree_base' instead of 'base' to avoid cross-compiling warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538083D9 dot 9050507 at gmail dot com> <20140524153043 dot GF5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53812460 dot 9000107 at gmail dot com>
On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 06:59:44AM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
> It sounds reasonable to me, but still recommend to use 'etree_base'
> instead of 'base' (it is still a global variable within "ld/mri.c").
I didn't change the name, because I believe the change I made cured
the warning you were seeing. If you are still seeing a warning with
some version of gcc when compiling mri.c, then we'll change it to
something that adds a little meaning to the name, like "base_vma"
Australia Development Lab, IBM