This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld/ldlang.h: use 'etree_base' instead of 'base' to avoid cross-compiling warning
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com, macro at linux-mips dot org, clm at redhat dot com, amodra at gmail dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 08:21:06 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld/ldlang.h: use 'etree_base' instead of 'base' to avoid cross-compiling warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538083D9 dot 9050507 at gmail dot com> <20140524153043 dot GF5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53812460 dot 9000107 at gmail dot com>
Hello related members, need I send patch v2 for it?
And sorry, my original reply mail was not sent to Alan Modra (I have
clicked "reply all", but today I check it again, find not sent to him. I
don't know why, but I shall notice about it, next).
On 05/25/2014 06:59 AM, Chen Gang wrote:
> Firstly, thank you for replying quickly, and it is my first time to send
> patch to binutils, and I shall continue.
> On 05/24/2014 11:30 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
>> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 07:34:49PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
>>> It is not recommend to use a simple name to express a global variable,
>>> for it is easy to get '-Wshadow'. So use 'etree_base' instead of.
>> Better, move base into mri.c.
>> * ldlang.c (base): Move variable to..
>> * mri.c: ..here, and make static.
>> * ldlang.h (base): Delete declaration.
> It sounds reasonable to me, but still recommend to use 'etree_base'
> instead of 'base' (it is still a global variable within "ld/mri.c").
> BTW, the subject of the original message (sent by me) is not precise,
> need use "ld: mri:" instead of "ld/ldlang.h:".
> If still necessary to let me send patch v2 for it, please let me know.
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed