This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Require GNU make?
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:23:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Require GNU make?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201405201619 dot s4KGJpRg002591 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <201405281315 dot s4SDFpU2031819 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <20140528141505 dot GJ6679 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53870721 dot 3080402 at redhat dot com> <53872DEC dot 1050209 at arm dot com> <538730C1 dot 6040105 at rtems dot org>
On 29/05/14 14:06, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 05/29/2014 02:54 PM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>> Not directly relevant, but I put a feature into the newlib build earlier
>> this year that relied on a GNU make extension. There were no objections
>> at the time I did that.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, GCC already requires gmake.
> As newlib is commonly used with GCC, probably everybody who uses newlib
> also uses gmake :-)
Possibly. As I said, it's not directly relevant...
I tend to build all off gcc/binutils/gdb/newlib in one go, so always use
gmake for the lot.