This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Require GNU make?
- From: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:06:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Require GNU make?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201405201619 dot s4KGJpRg002591 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <201405281315 dot s4SDFpU2031819 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <20140528141505 dot GJ6679 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53870721 dot 3080402 at redhat dot com> <53872DEC dot 1050209 at arm dot com>
On 05/29/2014 02:54 PM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
Not directly relevant, but I put a feature into the newlib build earlier
this year that relied on a GNU make extension. There were no objections
at the time I did that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, GCC already requires gmake.
As newlib is commonly used with GCC, probably everybody who uses newlib
also uses gmake :-)