Re: [RFC] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for binutils

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 08:55:40AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> On the GDB side, files without copyright notices have generally been
> a source of extra work for me, so I tend to be a little more deliberate
> and add one unless there is a reason I cannot. I also track the list
> of all files in GDB that are known to be missing one so as to make sure
> we don't let new files slip through the cracks.

I didn't realize a file without a copyright created more work for you.
I was really just reacting to the -lmcheck comment, which doesn't
apply for binutils, and thought the easiest way to remove any
confusion was to remove everything bar the single line that actually
does anything.  So, no objection to a copyright notice.

> > BTW, a followup patch to bfd/Makefile.am should get rid of RELEASE.
>
> ... and use the new script instead?

Yes, I think RELEASE will always be the inverse.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM