This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for binutils
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 08:56:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400540452-19897-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1405271031060 dot 29862 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
> > bfd/ChangeLog:
> > * development.sh: New file.
> > * warning.m4 (AM_BINUTILS_WARNINGS): Source bfd/development.sh.
> > Make -Werror the default with GCC only if DEVELOPMENT is not true.
> You mean the opposite: "only if DEVELOPMENT is true", otherwise
> I'd protest. ;-)
And you would be right to do so! Thanks for catching that.
> Also, I see "test exp1 -a exp2" where the preferred portable
> bourne-shell construct is "test exp1 && test exp2".
> Also, the "...testing with -lmcheck" comment in development.sh
> seems out of place; I don't think there's any such connection in
> binutils nor should there be. If you feel the need, put it in a
> file where the actual -lmcheck configury is done. Or say
> "...testing with available tools".
Good comments. I will adjust the patch accordingly.