This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for binutils
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 10:40:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Make it easy to make --disable-werror the default for binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400540452-19897-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
On Mon, 19 May 2014, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> * development.sh: New file.
> * warning.m4 (AM_BINUTILS_WARNINGS): Source bfd/development.sh.
> Make -Werror the default with GCC only if DEVELOPMENT is not true.
You mean the opposite: "only if DEVELOPMENT is true", otherwise
I'd protest. ;-)
Also, I see "test exp1 -a exp2" where the preferred portable
bourne-shell construct is "test exp1 && test exp2".
Also, the "...testing with -lmcheck" comment in development.sh
seems out of place; I don't think there's any such connection in
binutils nor should there be. If you feel the need, put it in a
file where the actual -lmcheck configury is done. Or say
"...testing with available tools".