This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] fix mingw32 --enable-targets=all --enable-64-bit-bfd failure in or1k-desc.h
- From: Stefan Kristiansson <stefan dot kristiansson at saunalahti dot fi>
- To: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>, Christian Svensson <blue at cmd dot nu>, binutils at sourceware dot org, fche at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 06:30:17 +0300
- Subject: Re: [RFA] fix mingw32 --enable-targets=all --enable-64-bit-bfd failure in or1k-desc.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5377d006 dot 617a420a dot 5cb0 dot ffffeacbSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN at mx dot google dot com> <20140519004639 dot GK5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <537b174b dot a413c20a dot 4a37 dot 3c76SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN at mx dot google dot com> <20140520103652 dot GR5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:50:12AM +0200, Pierre Muller wrote:
>> > On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 11:09:06PM +0200, Pierre Muller wrote:
>> > > 2014-05-17 Pierre Muller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> > >
>> > > * or1k-desc.h (enum spr_field_masks): Remove compilation warning
>> > > on 32-bit systems.
>> > >
>> > > diff --git a/opcodes/or1k-desc.h b/opcodes/or1k-desc.h
>> > No, sorry, this file is generated. If this patch is committed, it
>> > will be undone next time the file is regenerated. I suspect you'll
>> > need to poke at cgen itself to fix this problem.
>> Sorry, but this goes way beyond my skills...
>> I looked a little bit in cpu/or1* files
>> and in the opcodes/cgen* files, and this seems to
>> be based on guile, which is a language I know nothing about ...
> I took a look, and it seems to me there is no need for enum
> spr_field_masks.. OK, Christian?
> * or1kcommon.cpu (spr-field-masks): Delete.
> * or1k-desc.h: Regenerate.
I would prefer to fix this at the root of the problem, as we *do* use
the spr_field_mask in a soon to submitted sim simulator.
So, removing spr-field-masks will only be a temporary fix (under the
assumption that our sim port will be accepted).
I'll prepare a proper patch with what I suggested in: