This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix for reads of unallocated memory in ld
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 08:46:32 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for reads of unallocated memory in ld
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5370E64A dot 4070600 at adacore dot com> <20140515111147 dot GR5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <537BB53D dot 7090801 at adacore dot com>
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 01:04:13PM -0700, Douglas B Rupp wrote:
> Later around line 765 we have:
> initial_insn_length = end - buf;
> if (initial_insn_length <= sizeof (cie->initial_instructions))
> cie->initial_insn_length = initial_insn_length;
This has been fixed on mainline, which is why I couldn't see how you
were running into a problem..
Author: Alan Modra <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Dec 20 23:57:52 2013 +1030
Don't segv on cie.initial_instructions overflow.
> Shouldn't the "50" be at least "255"
The idea was to choose a value that is big enough for CIEs that might
be merged. If CIEs with more than 50 bytes worth of insns are rare,
then 50 is still a good number. A larger value than necessary just
Australia Development Lab, IBM