This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: as error output not -j64 safe
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 15:57:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: as error output not -j64 safe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <819223B1-7BDF-46C0-80CE-EF49878BA3C8 at comcast dot net> <CA+=Sn1m3VExcetsFHU62+aKDbQYyZTJjYjX1UE0KfovhwyhyXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <36FD025D-0FE1-4248-A154-E28F998F5B73 at comcast dot net> <20140516085119 dot GW5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <F49F0B3C-666F-435A-AD35-7906944F6D0D at comcast dot net> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B02353539192 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B02353539325 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On May 20, 2014, at 3:48 PM, Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> wrote:
>> This patch has broken a lot of expected output in the gas testsuite.
>> Are individual ports expected to deal with the fallout or has this been
>> done already but awaiting commit? MIPS has 133 failures with this patch
> I didn't check the exact cause earlier. It is just extra whitespace
> introduced in the refactoring. Committed as obvious, (hoping that is the
> right way to treat this sort of fix).
So, could a _() person comment on the change from _(“Error: “) —> _(“Error:”)… I’m worried it kills translations unnecessarily… or, maybe I just worry to much.
Thanks for spotting this.