This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: as error output not -j64 safe
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 22:01:43 +0000
- Subject: RE: as error output not -j64 safe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <819223B1-7BDF-46C0-80CE-EF49878BA3C8 at comcast dot net> <CA+=Sn1m3VExcetsFHU62+aKDbQYyZTJjYjX1UE0KfovhwyhyXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <36FD025D-0FE1-4248-A154-E28F998F5B73 at comcast dot net> <20140516085119 dot GW5162 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <F49F0B3C-666F-435A-AD35-7906944F6D0D at comcast dot net>
This patch has broken a lot of expected output in the gas testsuite.
Are individual ports expected to deal with the fallout or has this been
done already but awaiting commit? MIPS has 133 failures with this patch
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
> On Behalf Of Mike Stump
> Sent: 20 May 2014 21:28
> To: Alan Modra
> Cc: Andrew Pinski; binutils
> Subject: Re: as error output not -j64 safe
> On May 16, 2014, at 1:51 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > OK.
> Thanks. I noticed you tricksy people switched to git, welcome to 2005.
> > Please also fix as_warn_internal similarly to the above.
> > There are quite a few more cases of the same problem in this file, if you
> > care to look..
> Gosh, I want to solve these with fmemopen, but, that is not as portable as
> the existing code... In any event, I'm not set up to do as much testing as
> I'd like for move invasive changes...
> Here is what I checked in:
> 2014-05-20 Mike Stump <email@example.com>
> * messages.c (as_warn_internal): Ensure we don't interleave output
> within a single line when make -j is used.
> (as_bad_internal): Likewise.