This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] Add support for the mips*-img-elf* target triple to the objcopy and readelf testsuites.
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, Rich Fuhler <Rich dot Fuhler at imgtec dot com>, Saeed Ghazanfar <Saeed dot Ghazanfar at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:17:35 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Add support for the mips*-img-elf* target triple to the objcopy and readelf testsuites.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B9827757A809 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F11242014980776A at NA-MBX-01 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com>
Moore, Catherine <Catherine_Moore@mentor.com> writes:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: email@example.com [mailto:binutils-
> > firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Bennett
> > Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:37 AM
> > Subject: [PATCH] Add support for the mips*-img-elf* target triple to the
> > objcopy and readelf testsuites.
> > This patch adds support for the mips*-img-elf* target triple to the
> > and readelf testsuites.
> > The patch and ChangeLog are below.
> Hi Andrew,
> Can you explain how the img-elf triplet will differ from the mti-elf
> Do you plan to continue to use mti-elf?
mips-img-* uses R6 as the default and is preferred triple moving forward
since MIPS is now Imagination. R6 includes such significant changes that
we'd prefer to keep it separate and will therefore continue using
mips-mti-* for R2/anything <R6.
This will be more obvious from the GCC patch which I'll be posting as
soon as I can.