This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] Add support for MIPS eretnc MIPS32r5 instruction
- From: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:07:42 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Add support for MIPS eretnc MIPS32r5 instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B9827755A9EA at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <87wqegw90k dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com>
>Andrew Bennett <Andrew.Bennett@imgtec.com> writes:
>> This patch adds support for the eretnc MIPS32r5 instruction. For more
>> information on the instruction please refer to:
>> The patch and ChangeLog entry are shown below.
> This is the first time that we've distinguished between r2 and r5 in the
> base ISA, so at this point I think we really do need to make binutils aware
> of r5 as a separate architecture revision, rather than adding it to r2.
> It'd probably make sense to add r3 at the same time, since it seems odd
> to have r5 without r3.
> It's OK to mark the output as r2 for now, since that's the best we have.
> Matthew's changes should let us fix it up later. But we should model r5
> separately in the user interface and internally.
Thats fine. I will rework the patch and then post it back on the list.