This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 32 bit host build failure from peXXigen.c
- From: Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:23:31 -0300
- Subject: Re: 32 bit host build failure from peXXigen.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADPb22TrR1JijxeY0QSyusX0R4hA5c3rx1QfUmOGW_HVGfG6AA at mail dot gmail dot com> <535691A7 dot 1010701 at redhat dot com> <5358200E dot 10801 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <53592942 dot 5020102 at redhat dot com>
On 04/24/2014 12:09 PM, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Darn. Which version of gcc are you using ?
> I have just tried using gcc 4.8.2 on a 32-bit Fedora 20 installation and
> this error did not happen. (I did find and fix another 32-bit issue).
> Could you try out the attached patch and let me know if it works for you ?
Thank you for the patch, but unfortunately it still fails on my build
here, with the same error message (comparison is always false due to
limited range of data type [-Werror=type-limits]).
I'm using gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5).