Re: Biutils compatilibility breakage in 2.24 for PPC

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014, Scott Wood wrote:

> Is there a newer version of the ELFv1 document that makes this change,
> or is this just going to be an undocumented quirk?  Is encouraging
> adoption of ELFv2 not adequate to deal with the overflow problem?  For
> that matter, where is ELFv2 documented?

At one point there was a suggestion of the Power.org ABI TSC working on
the 64-bit ABI.  But the last time I tried to contact the TSC, my message
didn't get through - and I didn't hear anything back from
postmaster@power.org either when I contacted them about the problems with
the powerabi@power.org list.  Perhaps Freescale has contacts at Power.org
that you can use to get them to get the ABI mailing list in working order
again?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com