This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for MIPS eretnc MIPS32r5 instruction
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:00:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for MIPS eretnc MIPS32r5 instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B9827755A9EA at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
Andrew Bennett <Andrew.Bennett@imgtec.com> writes:
> This patch adds support for the eretnc MIPS32r5 instruction. For more
> information on the instruction please refer to:
> The patch and ChangeLog entry are shown below.
This is the first time that we've distinguished between r2 and r5 in the
base ISA, so at this point I think we really do need to make binutils aware
of r5 as a separate architecture revision, rather than adding it to r2.
It'd probably make sense to add r3 at the same time, since it seems odd
to have r5 without r3.
It's OK to mark the output as r2 for now, since that's the best we have.
Matthew's changes should let us fix it up later. But we should model r5
separately in the user interface and internally.