This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix alignment for the first section frag on xtensa
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: Sterling Augustine <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, David Weatherford <weath at cadence dot com>, Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>, "linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa dot org" <linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:17:54 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix alignment for the first section frag on xtensa
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398077682-22196-1-git-send-email-jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com> <CAGSvup85+Kqr56KqE6E3rw-jjepL==vezon1c9Q+P2NcdUX3wA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMo8BfJnTB0g0Vvk4+EmBvDLB_KNM11S-8GJ-p9+Ofxtgop0ng at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGSvup_VebyCe9YhFf-Nj2yQYv8L+FPC+AV+aov1y7V-U9mUmA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGSvup9yL3d9uLyhPrB-qNcmTN2hrMF33YL2Rzp9ZxU732fJyw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Sterling Augustine
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Sterling Augustine
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> .align 8
>> ....//lots of code requiring relaxation
>> //some kind of padding that doesn't include actual text, but can be
>> adjusted by relaxation
>> .global bar
> Rats: should be another line here:
> // some additional padding similar to the padding that ended bar.
'That ended foo' I suppose? I wouldn't expect bar: label to be aligned
something going before it other than the .align directive.
>> //some code to ensure the current frag is closed.
>> .align 16 (should be greater than foo's alignment, and applies to the
>> entire section.)
>> I'd need to play with it a bit to get the details right.
>> The patch only applies to the frag where the alignment directive appears.
>> And, of course, I haven't written Xtensa code in years, so I may be
>> missing something.
BTW I've checked the fix in.