This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 0/4] Fixes for support for 'ld --build-id' to pe/coff
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:39:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Fixes for support for 'ld --build-id' to pe/coff
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1397151908-4336-1-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Any comment on these? I'd like to include them in my next version of binutils
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 06:45:04PM +0100, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>On 08/04/2014 11:04, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
>>> I also posted a set of patches back in January . I'd be grateful for any
>>> comments on those.
>>>  https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-01/msg00296.html
>> Oops - sorry - that one slipped through the net.
>> I reviewed and applied the patches. They were OK although there were a few
>> minor problems:
>I think you also fixed a bug I'd introduced where generate_build_id() could
>potentially overrun it's output buffer, so thanks for that.
>Following this mail are a few patches to fix issues with pe/coff build-ids
>discovered since those original patches were posted.
>Jon TURNEY (4):
> pe/coff: Display GUID build-id in the conventional way
> pe/coff: Don't interpret debug directory in section with no contents
> pe/coff: Keep .build-id with --only-keep-debug
> pe/coff: Don't break .build-id with objcopy/strip
> bfd/peXXigen.c | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
> binutils/objcopy.c | 22 +++++++++++++++--
> 2 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)