This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix 16846, LTO mismatched TLS reference
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:16:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fix 16846, LTO mismatched TLS reference
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140416094446 dot GZ13391 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I think this is all we need to fix pr16848. HJ, do you see anything
> more we should do here? I'm wondering why we have type_change_okcd
> when oldbfd is the plugin.
It is because there is no symbol type in plugin.
> PR 16848
Wrong PR number. It should be PR ld/16846.
> * elflink.c (_bfd_elf_merge_symbol): Ignore TLS mismatch when
> current bfd is a plugin.
> diff --git a/bfd/elflink.c b/bfd/elflink.c
> index 3de00e1..9848dc2 100644
> --- a/bfd/elflink.c
> +++ b/bfd/elflink.c
> @@ -1108,6 +1108,8 @@ _bfd_elf_merge_symbol (bfd *abfd,
> /* Plugin symbol type isn't currently set. Stop bogus errors. */
> if (oldbfd != NULL && (oldbfd->flags & BFD_PLUGIN) != 0)
> *type_change_ok = TRUE;
> + else if ((abfd->flags & BFD_PLUGIN) != 0)
> + ;
> /* Check TLS symbol. We don't check undefined symbol introduced by
> "ld -u". */
> Alan Modra
> Australia Development Lab, IBM