This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [rfc] new bfd hook: additional link map text
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:10:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [rfc] new bfd hook: additional link map text
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201404110214 dot s3B2E2IQ016910 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On 11 Apr 2014, at 04:14, DJ Delorie <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This is an RFC for a new bfd target hook "additional_link_map_text"
> that's used to give targets a way to add target-specific text to the
> end of the linker's map file (-Map). This extra text is added at the
> end of the map file, in case there are programs which parse map files
> (where the extra text might confuse the parser, if encountered early).
> Tested with --enable-targets=all although I had to manually fix
> today's AVR reloc patch bug.
> I have a follow-up patch that adds a new feature to the rx target
> which includes link map text, too...
Why not adding a new field in ld_emulation_xfer_struct ? Looks lighter.