This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Biutils compatilibility breakage in 2.24 for PPC
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale dot com>
- Cc: "alexandru dot sardan at freescale dot com" <alexandru dot sardan at freescale dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:16:53 +0930
- Subject: Re: Biutils compatilibility breakage in 2.24 for PPC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f8370f85223449f3a34f9ce7f88dde6b at DM2PR03MB368 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20140409141949 dot GN13391 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140409210245 dot GA22289 at home dot buserror dot net> <20140410022515 dot GO13391 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <1397102031 dot 20280 dot 88 dot camel at snotra dot buserror dot net>
On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 10:53:51PM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> Sure. I'm pointing out that this is behavior, specified by an ABI
> document, that is supposed to be stable -- in the hopes that it will
> change your mind, or attract the attention of other binutils developers
> who find this problematic. If it doesn't, then so be it.
You won't change my mind. I quite clearly pointed out that I was
fixing an ABI hole, that will benefit large user apps. The fact that
it breaks your booke kernel is unfortunate but unavoidable if we want
to keep the (changed) ABI consistent.
Australia Development Lab, IBM