This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas TC_PARSE_CONS_EXPRESSION communication with TC_CONS_FIX_NEW
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:39:23 +0930
- Subject: Re: gas TC_PARSE_CONS_EXPRESSION communication with TC_CONS_FIX_NEW
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140409045813 dot GH13391 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <534546DB dot 6010901 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 02:10:51PM +0100, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> >A number of targets pass extra information from TC_PARSE_CONS_EXPRESSION
> >to TC_CONS_FIX_NEW via static variables. That's OK, but not best
> >practice. tc-ppc.c is worse, implementing its own replacement for
> >cons() because the generic one doesn't allow relocation modifiers
> >on constants. This patch fixes both of these warts.
> You missed a couple of targets. :-)
> Fixed with this patch.
Thanks. I see I need to update my list of targets for gas builds..
Australia Development Lab, IBM