This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] pe/coff: Avoid a crash using objdump -p on the output of objcopy --only-keep-debug
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 19:40:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] pe/coff: Avoid a crash using objdump -p on the output of objcopy --only-keep-debug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1395153555-5572-1-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk> <1395153555-5572-2-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk> <20140403040236 dot GA4644 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <533D45D0 dot 6060703 at redhat dot com> <533EC5EE dot 7040508 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <5343C9B0 dot 1090204 at redhat dot com>
On 08/04/2014 11:04, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
>> I also posted a set of patches back in January . I'd be grateful for any
>> comments on those.
>>  https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-01/msg00296.html
> Oops - sorry - that one slipped through the net.
> I reviewed and applied the patches. They were OK although there were a few
> minor problems:
> * You did not update ld.textinfo's description of the --build-id linker
> command line option to mention the support for COFF format files.
> * There were quite a few places where the GNU Coding Standard was not being
> followed. Especially the space between a function name and its opening
> parenthesis. Ie "foo (bar)" not "foo(bar)".
> * Since this is a new feature it should also be mentioned in ld/NEWS.
> I took care of all of these issues.
Thanks very much for doing that. I shall try to bear those points in mind in
When rebasing, I notice that some other changes seem to have been mixed into
- some changes related to long section name handling in pe(|p).em
- some changes in ldmain.c to handling -v as the only command line option
- some whitespace changes
I wonder if that was deliberate?