This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: LD: Remove default-manifest.o from Cygwin/MingGW links
- From: Reini Urban <reini at cpanel dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:33:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: Commit: LD: Remove default-manifest.o from Cygwin/MingGW links
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87vbuju5wc dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On 04/08/2014 11:45 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
I am checking in the patch below to remove the inclusion of the
default manifest in final links for the Cygwin and MinGW targets. The
.rsrc section merging code has a bug which generates corrupt
executables (16807) and the manifest support triggers other build-time
and run-time problems.
It has been decided to move the manifest itself into its own project,
and to move the responsibility for including the manifest in a
Cygwin/MinGW binary into gcc, so the PE linker scripts no longer need
to specifically include it. I will be creating a follow up patch to
remove the rest of the default manifest support code tomorrow, but I
wanted to make sure that the linker is able to produce working
Where can I read about this decision, and which "own project" in
particular? Just curious.