This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] pe/coff: Avoid a crash using objdump -p on the output of objcopy --only-keep-debug
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 11:04:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] pe/coff: Avoid a crash using objdump -p on the output of objcopy --only-keep-debug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1395153555-5572-1-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk> <1395153555-5572-2-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk> <20140403040236 dot GA4644 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <533D45D0 dot 6060703 at redhat dot com> <533EC5EE dot 7040508 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
I also posted a set of patches back in January . I'd be grateful for any
comments on those.
Oops - sorry - that one slipped through the net.
I reviewed and applied the patches. They were OK although there were a
few minor problems:
* You did not update ld.textinfo's description of the --build-id
linker command line option to mention the support for COFF format files.
* There were quite a few places where the GNU Coding Standard was not
being followed. Especially the space between a function name and its
opening parenthesis. Ie "foo (bar)" not "foo(bar)".
* Since this is a new feature it should also be mentioned in ld/NEWS.
I took care of all of these issues.