This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb repo
- From: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Aaro Koskinen <aaro dot koskinen at iki dot fi>, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 17:41:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb repo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53406399 dot 9050303 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <m3vbunyoza dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20140406191404 dot GC7558 at drone dot musicnaut dot iki dot fi> <20140407035120 dot GA4186 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1404071623060 dot 23408 at wotan dot suse dot de> <20140407144720 dot GH4186 at adacore dot com>
On 2014.04.07 at 07:47 -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > But it's not necessarily easy for the vendor to _host_ that other
> > repository. And IMHO, the current 288 MB for binutils-gdb git objects
> > aren't enough to discourage vendor branches (and if you're worried about
> > the download size it's equally easy to simply not pull those branches).
> I don't think it's "equally easy" to not pull those branches.
> If it is, I'd like to have the recipe for "pull all branches except
> some", and I will put it on the GDB wiki.
That doesn't work in git AFAIK. What you can do is list all branches
that you like to pull in .git/config. The following example if from my
gcc git tree, but you get the idea:
url = git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
fetch = refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
fetch = refs/heads/gcc-4_7-branch:refs/remotes/origin/gcc-4_7-branch
fetch = refs/heads/gcc-4_8-branch:refs/remotes/origin/gcc-4_8-branch