This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: vdso handling
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:19:59 +1030
- Subject: Re: vdso handling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140313235347 dot GD3384 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B230AAB6B17 at IRSMSX103 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <20140318230939 dot GA9145 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5329879C dot 6070805 at redhat dot com> <20140320013305 dot GA13347 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <532C5F60 dot 80700 at redhat dot com> <20140328061321 dot GU18201 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53357B30 dot 6040006 at redhat dot com> <20140328230037 dot GW18201 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <533AC33E dot 8030700 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 02:46:38PM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 03/28/2014 11:00 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> > I believe the intent of rounding to a page was to pick up the file
> > and program headers at the start of a file and section headers at the
> > end, so let's do just that. On top of my last patch:
> Agreed. This works for me. Thanks!
> > - if (i_phdrs[i].p_align > 1)
> > + /* Extend the beginning of the first pt_load to cover file
> > + header and program headers. */
> > + if (first_phdr == &i_phdrs[i])
> Minor nit: Perhaps the comment could say "first pt_load
> if it covers offset 0"?
/* Extend the beginning of the first pt_load to cover file
header and program headers, if we proved earlier that its
aligned offset is 0. */
> Please don't use ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED under gdb/, it'd be flagged by the
> ARI as a regression:
Hmm, OK. Fixed and pushed.
Australia Development Lab, IBM