This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[cygwin|mingw] ld --verbose (w/o .o) creates file
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:17:28 -0500
- Subject: [cygwin|mingw] ld --verbose (w/o .o) creates file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
A possibly unforeseen side-effect has resulted from the addition of
default-manifest support for PE targets. Usually, a simple
'[$target-]ld --verbose' without any other arguments prints the linker
script but does not create a file. However, with the new Cygwin
binutils (20140326 snapshot), an a.exe file is created. I presume this
was not intentional. Could the previous behaviour be restored (IOW do
not include default-manifest.o if there is nothing else to link)?