This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Tracing Android NDK's R_ARM_THM_CALL Truncate Problem
- From: lin zuojian <manjian2006 at gmail dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: amodra at gmail dot com, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:27:48 +0800
- Subject: Re: Tracing Android NDK's R_ARM_THM_CALL Truncate Problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140328094929 dot GA3768 at ubuntu> <CANu=Dmic6dcw+vxFL_y=EsuKkoGrDfKoje39bw6Pi4YJnAcXYg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140328114853 dot GA2715 at lin-desktop> <20140328125952 dot GA4066 at lin-desktop> <20140328130926 dot GB4066 at lin-desktop> <CANu=DmjQCh3mRr60Jb2KN8i0huEoZS0eWMVzD10xCP9TgJFndA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Unfortunately no, the linker doesn't have the ability to do that at
> the moment. From looking at the values used it seems like
> stub_group_size could sensibly be decreased a bit, but it would be
> interesting to know what the highest value that works for you is.
> Will Newton
> Toolchain Working Group, Linaro
I think at least ld should echo more compernesive output.Or the
users without such experiences will google it till they die.