Re: Tracing Android NDK's R_ARM_THM_CALL Truncate Problem

On 28 March 2014 13:09, lin zuojian <manjian2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I was completely misunderstood about this behavior.Here's what the
>     source say:
>       /* Default values.  */
>       /* Thumb branch range is +-4MB has to be used as the default
>          maximum size (a given section can contain both ARM and Thumb
>          code, so the worst case has to be taken into account).
>
>          This value is 24K less than that, which allows for 2025
>          12-byte stubs.  If we exceed that, then we will fail to link.
>          The user will have to relink with an explicit group size
>          option.  */
>
>      So this is cause by too many stubs in the same group,and I have to
>      "relink with an explicit group size option".
>
>      But will the linker do the math for me? Retry with the suitable
>      parameter when fail for example.

Unfortunately no, the linker doesn't have the ability to do that at
the moment. From looking at the values used it seems like
stub_group_size could sensibly be decreased a bit, but it would be
interesting to know what the highest value that works for you is.

--
Will Newton
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro