This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: g++ -x assembler-with-cpp under cygwin 64
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "jfrm dot maurel at gmail dot com" <jfrm dot maurel at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 14:18:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: g++ -x assembler-with-cpp under cygwin 64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53342CF1 dot 3060605 at gmail dot com>
> Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong ?
You are using ELF-only assembler pseudo-ops in an COFF/PE based toolchain.
.type and .size are only supported on ELF based targets. (Well, when
they are used in this particular fashion anyway).
The COFF .section directive has a different syntax, and there are more
restrictions on the characters allowed in section names.